[coreboot] unable to build coreboot with grub

Vipin Gahlaut gailu96 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 08:03:53 CEST 2014

Hi,

I have cloned latest coreboot and trying to build with grub2 as payload. in
make menuconfig I select grub2 instead of seabios. when I fire make command
it checkout latest grub and that fails to build. for 2 reasons.

1. Due to some initialization errors that I managed to fix with below
changes
-  struct grub_linux_initrd_context initrd_ctx = { 0, };
+  struct grub_linux_initrd_context initrd_ctx = { 0,NULL,0 };

2. grub size issue as below that I am unable to resolve and looking for
your help. I am building for QEMU and using QEMU version 2.1.2.

E: Could not add [payloads/external/GRUB2/grub2/build/default_payload.elf,
268862 bytes (262 KB)@0x0]; too big?
E: Failed to add 'payloads/external/GRUB2/grub2/build/default_payload.elf'
into ROM image.