[coreboot] Coreboot FILO payload build fails when USB support enabled

Vipin Gahlaut gailu96 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 20:11:13 CEST 2014

Hi,

We need USB support in Filo. Our Linux kernel and file system is expected
to be on USB thumb driver. We have enabled USB in menuconfig; however build
fails with following errors.

blockdev.c:(.text+0x18e): undefined reference to `usb_read'
/home/vgahlaut/coreboot-fsp/coreboot/payloads/filo/build/fs/blockdev.o: In
function `devopen':
blockdev.c:(.text+0x91e): undefined reference to `usb_probe'

We are using latest FILO and Coreboot from git repository. These functions
seems to be defined in drivers/usb.c and usb.c is getting compiled.

Problem seems to be due to the fact that CONFIG_USB=y in .config is
automatically removed during make and these function are defined in usb.c
under #ifdef CONFIG_USB

Can you please suggest a solution and let me know why CONFIG_USB is removed
from my .config