[coreboot] [Coreboot] Misalignment with GCC 4.9.1

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Oct 9 10:47:48 CEST 2014

Hello Ryan,

Lin, Ryan wrote:
> I compiled coreboot with GCC 4.9.1 for x86 system,

Is this a toolchain in the distribution, or an unpatched gcc-4.9.1
which you built yourself?

> and found a misalignment issue. :
..
> Does there any compiler options need to be added for GCC 4.9.1?

We have seen countless similar problems in the past, which is why we
recommend using the reference toolchain, which can be built by running:

make crossgcc

in the coreboot source tree. On subsequent make commands, the build
system will autodetect a successfully built reference toolchain and
use that instead of the regular toolchain in the system.

Let us know if you encounter any trouble

//Peter