[coreboot] Suggested readings

prasnik at anche.no prasnik at anche.no
Wed Oct 8 00:09:14 CEST 2014

Hi Greg,

On 2014-10-07 14:35, Gregg Levine wrote:
[..]
> It contains several sadly retired part numbers in the book, and of
> course
What do you mean with "part numbers" .. chapters? If so, does the whole
sentence
mean that this book has chapters on obsolete topics?

> the members of the original series of system members.
What is this "original serie of system members" ? (I googled a bit but
found nothing related)

> It largely talks about the actual beginning entries, the 8086 itself,
> and
> others. People here would find it useful because it still describes
> useful ideas.
>
> Even Intel is realizing that the retired the X86 working entries in
> the series too early, that's why the QUARK family is out now.
Also here, what does "retiring a working entry" mean?

Bye, and thanks a lot!