[coreboot] X60: ethernet LED still on when machine is powered off or suspended

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Thu Oct 2 06:45:36 CEST 2014

On Fri, 22 Aug 2014 02:22:01 +0100
The Gluglug <info at gluglug.org.uk> wrote:
> Haven't tried it on factory.bin. Will let you know.
>
> i945 doesn't have ME/AMT, as far as I know.
I remember reading about such things in intel datasheets.

I remember (very vaguely) reading about the fact that i945 can have AMT,
but that the "BIOS flash" has to be partitioned to allow that.

I'm also unsure where would the AMT run, maybe in the NIC? In that case
it may be able to fetch its firmware from a flash directly connected to
the NIC, and it may have nothing to do with the BIOS flash, I really
can't remember, sorry.

In any case, all the lenovo i945 laptops that we have in coreboot are
not setup for AMT.

I should try to find the datasheets I was talking about, and document
that since that question comes up way too often.

Denis.