[coreboot] cbfstool build issue in gcc 4.6.3

Scott Duplichan scott at notabs.org
Sun Nov 23 15:13:37 CET 2014

Stefan Reinauer [mailto:stefan.reinauer at coreboot.org] wrote:

]On 11/20/14 9:40 PM, Scott Duplichan wrote:
]> The Gluglug [mailto:info at gluglug.org.uk] wrote:
]>
]> ]
]> ]Hi,
]> ]
]> ]cbfs-mkstage.c: In function ‘is_phdr_ignored’:
]> ]cbfs-mkstage.c:45:84: error: cast to pointer from integer of different
]> ]size [-Werror=int-to-pointer-cast]
]> ]
]> ]The fix was made in http://review.coreboot.org/#/c/7545/ but some
]> ]people were unhappy about the use of extra type casting.
]> ]
]> ]One possible solution is to simply upgrade GCC, which I will, but I
]> ]would also like to get cbfstool to build again for this version of
]> ]GCC. The patch in the gerrit link works, but is not accepted for
]> ]upstream.
]> ]
]> ]Does anyone know a better way of doing it?
]>
]> What about: DEBUG("Ignoring program segment at %llx\n", ph_start);
]That will break 64bit compilers for the sake of fixing 32bit compilers.
]Not the best either. I think the PRIx64 approach is better.

PRIx64 is certainly the most portable way. Too much uefi recently
is rotting my mind.

Thanks,
Scott