[coreboot] Changing console uart on Bayley Bay CRB

Gailu Singh gailu96 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 17:46:03 CET 2014

Hi,

I got the schematics now and I see that J9B4 is connected to Embedded
Controller (EC), so I think that this is not 8250 UART2. Am I right?

I am not able to find the documentation what purpose is served by Embedded
Controller and does coreboot use it at all? Any pointers please. I am
trying to understand what is the purpose of COM port at J9B4. Any specific
document that I should refer to to understand it? I checked user guide and
schematics.

There are 2 com ports I see using usb to serial and Port0 is used for
console. Is another port on usb to serial is spare and can be used for
console or is it serving some other purpose in coreboot.