[coreboot] Coreboot and HP Pavilion 6746C-L?

Idwer Vollering vidwer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 15:22:53 CET 2014

>  Step 1 (or equal to step 1) and step 5
>

> From
>

> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bph05159&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=57589
>
> Intel Socket 370 Pentium III Celeron i810

i810 might still work.
Here's a photo of the board, with a close-up of the flash chip:
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxNjAw/z/htIAAOSw7NNUJcHW/$_57.JPG

You still need spare flash chips and a way to program them.
See http://www.coreboot.org/FAQ#How_do_I_.28re-.29flash_the_BIOS.3F

When you can program the chip you'll want to see console output, either
over the serial or EHCI debug port.

> DMI string baseboard-manufacturer: "Trigem Computer, Inc."
> DMI string baseboard-product-name: "Cognac"
> DMI string baseboard-version: "None"
> DMI string chassis-type: "Other"
> DMI chassis-type is not specific enough.

It actually is a desktop: blame the vendor or ODM for being lazy/lax and
not filling that in.

> Found ITE Super I/O, ID 0x8702 on port 0x2e

Unsupported as-is, but generic enough to configure it to send serial output.

> WARNING! You may be running flashrom on an unsupported laptop. We could
> not detect this for sure because your vendor has not setup the SMBIOS
> tables correctly. You can enforce execution by adding
> '-p internal:laptop=this_is_not_a_laptop' to the command line, but
> please read the following warning if you are not sure.

This one is easy to handle by yourself :)

Idwer