[coreboot] Fwd: [Intel-gfx] i915.fastboot bug report - not working on coreboot

Charles Devereaux coreboot at guylhem.net
Tue Nov 4 06:38:59 CET 2014

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 7:11 PM, Peter Stuge via coreboot <
coreboot at coreboot.org> wrote:

> The answer to this is already well known

To you maybe, but I never saw that posted on the list or published on the
x60 wiki or in other documentation. Please tell me more about it or point
me to a link at least. If the problem is simple enought, I could tackle it.

While I appreciate that there are many users who would like all kinds
> of things to work without them being able to fix it themselves, the
> reality is that things will work when someone fixes them.

That's right, I would love some issues to be fixed, and yet at the moment
many of them are too complex for me. (The DSDT issues however are something
I might soon be able to fix, along with the Fn keyboard issues, first by
checking whether the Qx codes obtained with ec-access do match the values
hardcoded in ec.asl - I suspect they won't)

However, I don't believe someone else can possibily fix issues that are not
being properly documented, so I document precisely what is broken and how,
to get a better idea of what to do, especially if there seem to be a common
factor as in the DSDT case.

Sorry if this disturbs you. There is only one thing I can't understand -
the tone of your answers. If my questions disturb you so much, what about
not answering at all instead?

> All these things are well-known problems. Correct patches would be great.

Known to you maybe. Not to me. I'm discovering them. If you do have a
exhaustive list of all these "well known problems", could you please
publish it somewhere?

Here's a fun new one from today: turning off the whole radio subsystem with
the hardware switch does *NOT* seem affect WWAN, even if the LED is turned
off. (or I want to know why I can still send AT commands, get responses,
NMEA coordinates from the integrated GPS, etc. Maybe the rfkill pin is
badly soldered on the mini PCIe connector, which I wanted to check before
announcing that, but it's troubling)

I suppose you must know about this issue in great detail. Please enlighten
me with your knowledge then.