[coreboot] More Fn+key on X60T

Charles Devereaux coreboot at guylhem.net
Tue Nov 4 00:20:37 CET 2014

Hello

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 4:58 AM, Garreau, Alexandre <galex-713 at galex-713.eu>
wrote:

> Ok… any example anywhere? like a wiki page?

No, I was just speaking from memory. Try some increasing numbers and see
what you get in xev.

This is http://review.coreboot.org/6765, it depends on the version you use.

> What’s a DSDT? I’m not sure of what’s HKEY, and I’m sure I don’t
> understand what’s MKHQ, _Qxx, Q code, EC and G40.

Basically, this means this stuff is handled within coreboot, and should use
certain ways that thinkpad-acpi will recognize. I hoped other persons would
be interested by the discrepancies we both noticed, but nope. Too bad. This
means the bug (as there seem to be one) will not be fixed anytime soon.

> Even Fn+Insert and Delete? :D /me’s wondering if maybe the trick
> Fn+<numpad> would be possible with some hack…

Fn+PrintSc, Fn+ScrLk, Fn+Pause all work for me in xev. I don't think they
are handled as the others, so you won't be able to remap them (unless you
say that keycode 107 is not Sys_Req but your key, etc - IMHO a bad idea)

> > PS: Do you have a PGP key?
> >
> > I do, but for public communication (ex: mailing list) I don't use it.

Even for signature?

As nobody tried to impersonate me yet, no :-)