[coreboot] Coreboot with Intel FSP on BayleyBay Help

Gaumless gaumless at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 20:25:45 CET 2014

First, the serial ports:  The serial console is on the first serial port on the micro-USB connection.

The 0x0000 on the post code display means that it's not actually starting to boot - it's probably hanging in the TXE.  There are known issues with upgrading to coreboot from some of the bayleybay roms.  I thought Intel was going to document that, but I don't know if they did.

The Gold 2 FSP doesn't support D0 parts, so if you have a D0, you need the Gold 3.  Also, the FSP is targeted at the embedded sku Baytrail-I.  It might work with M/D parts, I haven't tested that.

Assuming all that is ok, you probably need to start from a different rom.  It might be failing because of the TXE security.  You'll probably need to talk to your Intel contact to get that update.

Finally, if this is not a personal project, you might be interested in contacting Sage and look at purchasing a BSP to get up and running.  Either way, let us know whether you make progress or need more help.

Martin