[coreboot] Patch set to add support for AMD based laptop HP Pavilion m6-1035dx up for review

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 28 10:03:28 CET 2014

Dear coreboot folks,

Alexandru put wood behind the arrow to get coreboot running on an AMD
based laptop. He took his old HP Pavilion m6-1035dx [1] and in a
day/night had coreboot running on it and he submitted the patch set for
review [2]!

Am Donnerstag, den 27.03.2014, 19:12 +0100 schrieb Alexandru Gagniuc:
> Alexandru Gagniuc (mr.nuke.me at gmail.com) just uploaded a new patch set
> to gerrit, which you can find at http://review.coreboot.org/5409
>
> -gerrit
>
> commit a1bf32fa1ac7727c3d3c6b10ecc391f42aaad622
> Author: Alexandru Gagniuc <mr.nuke.me at gmail.com>
> Date:   Wed Mar 26 18:51:08 2014 -0500
>
>     mainboard/hp: Add initial support for Pavilion m6-1035dx
>
>     This was a pathetically easy port, where all the components are
>     already supported. This is basically a verbatim copy of amd/parmer.
>     The EC is an ENE KB932, which is a part that does surprisingly little
>     for an EC. This also means we need almost no code to get it working.
>     I've "select"ed the EC in Kconfig, which is the only difference from
>     parmer, although the keyboard worked fine without it.
>
>     I haven't coupled in the ACPI code from the EC yet, so battery level
>     is not readable from the OS. Hotkeys work except for brightness
>     control, and the CapsLock LED blinks at regular intervals instead of
>     following the CapsLock key.

[…]

Congrats to being, to my knowledge, the first to get coreboot running on
an AMD based laptop! Also big thanks to AMD and Sage Electronic
Engineering LLC [3] for providing code and support for AMD stuff! Also
thanks to Google for contributing code for the COMPAL ENE932 Embedded
Controller [4].

So reviewers and help in getting the non-working stuff to work are
greatly appreciated.

Bad for Alex that he now has to deal with AGESA and get for example
CBMEM console working with it for romstage or to refactor the code to be
more maintainable. :P

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03383025&lc=en