[coreboot] Expectations, project direction and interest of contributors (was: Changes to the coreboot Project Structure)

Stefan Reinauer stefan.reinauer at coreboot.org
Tue Mar 25 01:46:39 CET 2014

* Paul Menzel <paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> [140325 00:20]:
> Additionally I heard claims, that the GPLv2 license is violated as it is
> currently impossible to rebuild the exact same image that is shipped
> with the devices as it is not even clear what commit was used to build
> the image and to my knowledge the requests on the list and in the IRC
> channel were not answered.

Paul, I am not in the position to make any legal statement, nor do I
want to.

As a word of advice, you should stop spreading this FUD and allegations
when you refuse to do any research on the topic yourself.

All firmware builds are coming from open source and completely
transparent firmware branches living in the chromium repositories.

You can access all of our code revies on the chromium gerrit, and
community members can (and do, frequently) participate there.

Stefan