[coreboot] Changes to the coreboot Project Structure

Kyösti Mälkki kyosti.malkki at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 12:31:17 CET 2014

On 03/20/2014 11:55 PM, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> Changes to the coreboot Project Structure
..

> * Significantly reduce number of submitters
>    To ensure consistency, scalability and conformity with the general
>    coreboot strategy, we need to define a clear committer structure that
>    defines the original project structure of having a benevolent dictator
>    aka project leader (Stefan Reinauer) and gatekeepers in place. The
>    suggested structure will need to value both community interests and
>    corporate interests equally and hence a good setup would be to have a
>    final amount of six developers with submit rights, three community
>    representatives and three corporate representatives (on from each major
>    stakeholder):
>
>    Current suggestions:
>
>    Patrick Georgi (Secunet)
>    Marc Jones (Sage)
>    Stefan Reinauer (Google)
>
>    Peter Stuge, Kyösti Mälkki, N.N. (non-commercial part of the
>    coreboot community)

Hi

Just for quick reference, I have read this proposal previously with
following comments:

For now I am not declining, at least (from becoming a gatekeeper).

It finally depends a lot of the final structure of this hierarchy and
what goals it sets.

One thing you need to add to this document is how project leaders plan
to proceed with on-going and further violations of GPL copyright holders
rights, as IBV/ODM/OEM chain refuses to make the distributed firmware
binaries traceable to the sources they were built from.

Regards,
Kyösti