[coreboot] libpayload for ARM with sprinklings of GPL and coreboot code sharing
mr.nuke.me at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 23:57:22 CET 2014
I'll try to be short.
* Usually, ARM payloands need to use SoC specific drivers to access storage
* Sometimes coreboot implements the same drivers.
* Share these drivers between coreboot and libpayload.
* libpayload is BSD. Have a "[ ] Enable GPL features" config option which
"unlocks" the GPL'd drivers from coreboot.
* libpayload core remains BSD.
* coreboot drivers are available to GPL users of libpayload
* Both the licensing of libpayload-core and coreboot is maintained/respected
* Makes maintenance easier
* Makes libpayload relevant in the ARM space
More information about the coreboot