[coreboot] Will coreboot work on my machine?

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 10:57:46 CET 2014

Out of the box, it isn't supported, but the vt82c694 (aka vt694) was
supported in v1, IIRC, and the datasheets and I think even the BIOS
writer's guide are floating around the internet. If you have
experience with C and want to spend some serious time working on it,
it would be a relatively easy board to port - relative to many of
today's boards, that is. It also should help that the northbridge is
very similar to the VT8601 and VT8623, and the SB code should be
almost identical to the VT8231.

-Corey