[coreboot] GSoC-2014 Coreboot project

Allen Yan lexkde at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 14:06:03 CET 2014

Hi,
I am Jinyi Yan , a second year PhD candidate from Shanghai Institute
of Micro-system and Information Technology, Chinese Academy of
Sciences. I used to be a mainboard BIOS engineer in ASUS Technology
Suzhou Co., Ltd for about two years (2007.7~2009.2). My major now is
optoelectronics. But I have a lot of fun while programming, in my
heart the working experience of being a BIOS engineer is still very
exciting.
I think GsoC is a nice platform for me to participate the open source
community. When I search the GsoC projects and organizations, the
coreboot and flashrom projects are definitely the right choices for
me. I have a spare ASUS P5KPL PC at my hand, but the chipset is not in
the support list of coreboot project.
As Stefan Tauner's suggestion, maybe porting coreboot to new mainboard
or implementing advanced coreboot features on exsiting mainboards are
nice too.
Now I'm not very familiar with the program structure of coreboot, so I
expect your guidence and hope to contribute for coreboot and flashrom
even if my application is not accpeted.
Thanks! Look forward to your kind advice!
Regards,
Jinyi Yan