[coreboot] T60 - what went wrong?

Marcus Moeller marcus.moeller at gmx.ch
Tue Mar 4 10:59:28 CET 2014

Hi all,

I have flashed my T60 according to the instructions on the wiki:

The final flashing of the image showed the following error:

Calibrating delay loop... delay loop is unreliable, trying to continue OK.
Found chipset "Intel ICH7M". Enabling flash write... WARNING: SPI
Configuration Lockdown activated.
OK.
Found SST flash chip "SST25VF016B.T60" (2048 kB, SPI) at physical
address 0xffe00000.
===
This flash part has status UNTESTED for operations: PROBE READ ERASE WRITE
The test status of this chip may have been updated in the latest development
version of flashrom. If you are running the latest development version,
please email a report to flashrom at flashrom.org if any of the above
operations
work correctly for you with this flash part. Please include the flashrom
output with the additional -V option for all operations you tested (-V, -Vr,
-VE, -Vw), and mention which mainboard or programmer you tested.
Please mention your board in the subject line. Thanks for your help!
Reading old flash chip contents... done.
Erasing and writing flash chip... spi_block_erase_20 failed during
command execution at address 0x0
Reading current flash chip contents... done. spi_block_erase_52 failed
during command execution at address 0x0
Reading current flash chip contents... done. Transaction error!
spi_block_erase_d8 failed during command execution at address 0x1f0000
Reading current flash chip contents... done. spi_chip_erase_60 failed
during command execution
Reading current flash chip contents... done. spi_chip_erase_c7 failed
during command execution
FAILED!
Uh oh. Erase/write failed. Checking if anything changed.
Your flash chip is in an unknown state.
Get help on IRC at chat.freenode.net (channel #flashrom) or
mail flashrom at flashrom.org with the subject "FAILED: <your board name>"!

Which is quite similar to the error referenced in this mail:

http://www.flashrom.org/pipermail/flashrom/2012-April/009124.html

So I tried to reboot, but the machine does not come up anymore. I am
going to try to flash it, using an external prommer now, but I need to
know what went wrong.

Is there perhaps a prebuild image for initial flashing available, that I
could use?

Greets
Marcus