[coreboot] Set Top Boxes and Linux?

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 06:38:15 CET 2014

Hello!
Nah, not that one. Ron is stressing a point that if someone, myself,
wants to try and get coreboot running on something, instead of a six
and seven, even eight year old hardware, or even older in some cases,
I should target one of the Chromebox family members.

Back about the time the fellow that Carl-Daniel mentioned brought up
the subject, I was looking at doing that, because I needed a special
purpose platform, for, ah, special purposes.

Back then Linux was target limited, and even the RasPi platform hadn't
even been envisioned. ARM was just beginning to take off, but
platforms were scarce.

I originally looked at one of the Geode based platforms, because it
had several uncommitted I/O points on it, but the idea behind it
wasn't successful.

I only asked about them yesterday, because there's been no discussion
whatsoever within the past few years.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com