[coreboot] compiling on FreeBSD

Patrick Georgi patrick at georgi-clan.de
Sat Jun 28 17:33:55 CEST 2014

Am 28.06.2014 17:29, schrieb Beeblebrox:
> On FreeBSD platform, "$ make menuconfig" bombs pretty hard. Part of the
> problem seems like bash vs sh, but I doubt if that's the whole of it.
>
> Is FreeBSD within consideration of working build platforms?
The tree should be quite portable, even if I have to admit that it's
been a while that I tested on Solaris, various BSDs, and Win32.

At least for me, portability is an asset, and I'll happily support
portability improvement efforts.

That said,

> $ make menuconfig
gnu make is a hard dependency.

If we stick to what _all_ makes can do (including some 386bsd make from
the early 90s), I'd rather write build scripts and forgo make entirely.

Regards,
Patrick