[coreboot] [RFH] Sponsor for Lenovo X60 wanted

Charles Devereaux coreboot at guylhem.net
Tue Jun 24 18:31:03 CEST 2014

Hello

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 5:46 AM, Sven Schnelle <svens at stackframe.org> wrote:

> The good thing: you run the motherboard without anything else on the
> docking
> station, which is nice for coreboot development because you can access
> almost anything on the hardware. I'm not sure if i soldered a SPI or LPC
> connector to it for reflashing.

That is very interesting - I discovered it was possible after getting a
keyboard only for the power button (DUH!)

But may I ask you where you soldered the SPI connector?? I got a pomona,
but that would be much easier to leave on.

Also, to cool down the CPU and the chipset, are you using the original
lenovo radiator and fan?

I don't have a complete X60 to spare (want to keep my X60), but just
> drop me a line if you want to have that 'Coreboot development kit' :)

Same for me - I would like to help with the development of coreboot native
video on the X60 tablet (with its 2 other serial ports for the wacom and
irda). But it has been some time since I did that kind of coding, my skills
are rusty and I don't know the new tools (git !) enough to be helpful yet.

However, I can support development by giving away fully working
motherboards to support this endeavour. You only need an ultrabase.

Charles