[coreboot] [RFH] Sponsor for Lenovo X60 wanted

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 23 22:48:25 CEST 2014

Dear coreboot folks,

in the last weeks I started working a little on the Lenovo X60 support
[1]. There are several issues like non-working 3D support with Linux
3.12+ [2]. Also Linux 3.11+ (or earlier) is unable to initialize the
graphics device itself.

Unfortunately I do not own such a device. Francis Rowe helped me a lot
with testing, but asking others to test does not scale, so I am
contacting you if there are some interested people to sponsor a Lenovo
X60 (preferably with a docking station for easier debugging). I cannot
give any promises of course, but am optimistic that I can hold up to
testing coreboot and Linux regressions and hopefully get some of those
fixed.

Please contact me if you want to support that endeavor.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://review.coreboot.org/5927/
[2] http://www.coreboot.org/Board:lenovo/x60#Problems_in_native_graphics_code_exposed_by_recent_kernels