[coreboot] setting smbios values from the OS

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Jun 20 10:25:51 CEST 2014

Rafael Vanoni wrote:
>> Please explain why you want to modify these values at run time?
>
> Like I said in a previous post, I'd like to set fields like version,
> serial number on a per system basis.

That's not the why, that's the what. Indeed you already wrote what
you want.

I'm asking *why* you want it, because what you ask for doesn't make
sense, so either I don't understand your situation (not at all unlikely)
or there might be a better approach to get what you want (also possible).

> This is partially an experiment, fwiw.

Again, why modify the values at run time?

Why isn't setting these values at build time enough?

Kind regards

//Peter