[coreboot] Intel FSP on Bayley Bay CRB: No output

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Jun 5 19:02:28 CEST 2014

Martin Roth wrote:
> 2) The microcode that's included for the intel FSP is for B2/B3 silicon,
> but it seems like many users are still using B0 silicon, which requires a
> different microcode patch.  This shouldn't be a problem but since there are
> 4 SKUs of Bay Trail and using the microcode for the wrong SKU will *APPEAR*
> to work, but cause issues later

Are you saying that there is no way for coreboot to know which
silicon it is running on?

If the same code is supposed to work across more silicon revisions
then the only helpful solution I can think of is to allow choosing
in Kconfig which platforms should be supported by the image that is
being built. Yes/no per silicon revision, with microcode pulled in
for each one. The code would need to check at runtime which silicon
it is running on, and load the corresponding microcode.

//Peter