[coreboot] installing Coreboot to T60(MX25L1605AM2C flash chip)

Martin T m4rtntns at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 15:08:14 CEST 2014

Hi,

I have an IBM ThinkPad T60 laptop(1951-CTO) which uses BIOS(version
2.27) from Phoenix Technologies. I would like to replace this with
Coreboot and use SeaBIOS as a payload as I need to change the order of
boot devices from time to time. I do not need SeaBIOS for BIOS
callback functions as I use only Linux-based opeating systems on this
machine. Based on the instructions in Coreboot wiki, I downloaded the
flashrom source(r1711 according to ChangeLog file) and looked for the
definition of my flash chip in flashrom's flashchips.c file. My flash
chip is Macronix MX25L1605AM2C. What is the correct definition of my
flash chip in flashchips.c file? As one can see, there are three ones
which seem to match:

root at T60:~/flashrom-0.9.7# grep name flashchips.c | grep MX25L1605
                .name           = "MX25L1605",
                .name           = "MX25L1605A/MX25L1606E",
                .name           = "MX25L1605D/MX25L1608D",
root at T60:~/flashrom-0.9.7#

In addition, I tried to find the datasheet for MX25L1605AM2C to look
up the ID bytes the flash replies to the RES ID command and RES model
ID, but I wasn't able to find the exact data sheet. Or could I use the
datasheet of MX25L1605A(https://db.tt/oe6Cgm8K)?

regards,
Martin