[coreboot] PAE status/ 8Gb of ram on X60

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 06:11:03 CEST 2014

Charles, just checking, you know the deal, right? Room at the top of the
physical address space is saved off for PCI. Hence memory in that range is
not addressable.

Chips that could hoist memory in the, e.g., 3g-4g range up above 4G have
been around since before the i945. Anybody know for sure that the i945 can
or can not do this? I"m not familiar enough with it.

ron