[coreboot] Shortened in types (u32) vs stdint types (uint32_t)

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Jan 28 23:44:51 CET 2014

I'd like to register my vote of disapproval of a move to stdint.

u8/u16/u32 are a perfectly fine set of types and the Linux kernel uses
them a lot.
We owe our usage of these short type names to our Linux kernel heritage.
Besides that, they are very convenient to type und read due to their
short names. I stopped counting how often I typed u_int32t instead of
uint32_t.
We're not userspace, so we have to provide our own stdint.h anyway.

Let's just standardize on the short type names.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/