[coreboot] Pavilion Chromebook 14 (Butterfly) Q&A session
mr.nuke.me at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 19:37:30 CET 2014
I have some questions about this little guy. Fear not, your answers will be
ported to the coreboot wiki at my earliest convenience.
1. What is the maximum amount of RAM that it supports? Can in take in 2 x 8GiB
modules? If so, are there any limitations as to the number of ranks?
2. Are the slots dual channel, or are both slots routed to same channel? (From
the source, I think it's dual.)
3. If I install 1.35 V capable DIMMs, will coreboot run them at 1.35 V, or is
1.5 V the only option?
4. If ECC modules are installed, will coreboot be able to enable ECC, or are
those pins not even routed ?
5. Why is SATA speed limited to 6Gbps (see devicetree.cb) ? From my
understanding, the first SATA port on the chipset is 6G capable, as is the SSD
shipping inside. Is this a board routing limitation, or copypasta? I can
submit a patch if it's the latter.
More information about the coreboot