[coreboot] [RFC] MMC support in coreboot

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 19:25:13 CET 2014

you don't want to follow the EFI path of a separate API for each
device type. That's pre-unix thinking. It's also a path we're on,
because coreboot was never intended to have drivers, and now we're
getting them, and we have not really thought it out.

You do want to create a reasonable abstraction layer. I'd suggest
looking at one of the embedded OSes that don't have user mode (Inferno
being my favorite) to see how they did it.

ron