[coreboot] blob matrix

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed Jan 8 20:41:33 CET 2014

Happy new year.

I like the blob matrix idea!

Patrick Georgi wrote:
> I don't know for sure if the X60 comes with Intel AMT firmware or not,
> but  I've never seen a Management Engine on i945/ICH7.

The discrete Intel 82573E PCIe NIC can have AMT firmware but on the
X60 there's an 1kbit EEPROM connected to the NIC's SPI memory
interface rather than the flash chip option.

> ACPI and SMM aren't exactly blobs, at least not more than all
> vendor BIOS bits. On coreboot they're neatly contained.

Neither ACPI tables nor SMM handlers are ever blobs and it would be
misleading to describe them as such. We must not do that in anything
we have on the web.

//Peter