[coreboot] does coreboot support kvm & WPCE775x & other questions

dhan.war wardhan.v.1.0 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 06:55:07 CET 2014

hi all

i am using toshiba satellite c850d-m5010. the kvm is disabled by default
in BIOS. it seems to me that many laptop manufacturers does not fully
support kvm.

my output of the superiotool :
# superiotool
superiotool r6637
Found Nuvoton WPCE775x / NPCE781x (id=0x00, rev=0x01) at 0x2e

i did a search on website & it points to me 2 links only [[a] & [b]].
the link [a] is silent about BIOS & CB.
the link [b] is silent about datasheets & comment.

the output of superiotool -V also states that dump is available.

there is also a request to add WPCE775x on mailing list [c] & there
seems to no answer to the thread.

my questions:
[1] does coreboot support kvm ?
[2] can i install coreboot on Nuvoton WPCE775x / NPCE781x ?
[3] does the support for Nuvoton WPCE775x / NPCE781x is added in coreboot ?
[4] what does the dump available mean in output of superiotool -V ?

if you need any further information please let me know. please also
provide appropriate commands if it involves any packages.

thank you reading the message patiently. even though i am subscribed to
mailing list, please always cc me.

[a] http://www.coreboot.org/Superiotool
[b] http://www.coreboot.org/Embedded_controller
[c] http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2010-July/059274.html