[coreboot] Are any Chromebooks able to run fully libre?

Sam Kuper sam.kuper at uclmail.net
Sat Jan 4 12:14:24 CET 2014

On Jan 4, 2014 12:56 AM, "Peter Stuge" <peter at stuge.se> wrote:

> Sam Kuper wrote:
> > Brossard
>
> Not a very nice word around here.

Sorry; I didn't know there was bad feeling.

> Don't take people's word for things, Sam, but do more research yourself.
>
> The internet and even people presenting at conferences are not
> indisputable sources.

Very much agreed; but we each have to start somewhere :)

> Brossard included the abbreviation PIC in one of the slides for his
> talk about how he supposedly created a backdoored BIOS (using an open
> source x86 firmware implementation).
>
> He identified PIC as one of the components on PC mainboards.
>
> Unfortunately he seems to think that PIC refers to the family of
> microcontrollers developed by Microchip instead of what it really
> refers to; something very different, a quite well-understood and
> rather fundamental component for everyone with strong knowledge about
> PC technology.

What would you recommend as a good primer (textbook; website; manual;
whatever) that would give someone with limited experience enough knowledge
to avoid making that mistake and others like it?

Many thanks,

Sam