[coreboot] how to model the Quark architecture

Stojsavljevic, Zoran zoran.stojsavljevic at intel.com
Tue Feb 25 09:37:09 CET 2014

Hm.... I returned from the vacation, and I am reading this thread.

The best to adopt Quark to Coreboot will be to go to: http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/tianocore/index.php?title=EDK2
Then to download EDK2 (or from INTEL site, as mention before) for Quark. This should be all Open Source Code, as my best understanding is (somebody correct me if I am wrong).

Then to do minimalistic configuration of EDK2, and practically to assemble Quark FSP. And to extract this FSP (SEC and PEI phases, which is not easy at all) as source code from Quark EDK2 source code. Incorporate this into Coreboot as Quark FSP source code.

Rest supposed to be straight forward... As Sage did it for IVB (using IVB FSP as binary blob), similar idea for Quark, as then it complies to Coreboot model, with all done by source code (strange to read this for INTEL, isn't it!).
_______

Other idea is old one, from this thread, to incorporate the whole EDK2 into Coreboot, but then, EDK2 is UEFI compliant BIOS, as my best understanding is (why then to run Coreboot, instead from UEFI BIOS to transition to legacy GRUB 0.97 with some security features incorporated)!

Best Regards,
Zoran
_______
Most of The Time you should be "intel inside" to be capable to think "out of the box".