[coreboot] Wyse S10 Geode GX2

Oliver Schinagl oliver+list at schinagl.nl
Sat Feb 22 22:20:01 CET 2014

On 02/21/14 17:50, andrew at cogman.info wrote:

>> On 18-02-2014 00:53, andrew at cogman.info wrote:
>>> I can confirm, that with your VSA, coreboot boots correctly on an S10
>>> with
>>> SeaBIOS and loads (in this case) Slackware perfectly as below.
>>> I haven't got gxfb setup so there is no video at the moment, I'll start
>>> run some tests tomorrow and let you know how I get on.
>>
>> That's fantastic! I hope that I can find time in the coming days/weeks
>> to get the coreboot toolchain set up and start testing with my Wyse
>> devices.
>>
>> Great work!
>>     -Jamie
>>

> Thanks, but I just followed the instructions others have written!
>
> I haven't had much time to look at it again, but I'm planning to make a
> start at trying to get ACPI working.
> I've read through the suggestions on the website and I've  extracted the
> DSDT table, now I've just got alot more reading to do before I have a go.

Amazing things are moving here again! I've been lurking for a while.

I guess this is a good time to bring up my earlier offer again.

For anybody that wants to help with this effort but lacks hardware,

I'm offering 2 Wyse S10 clients to 2 developers inc. power brick,
upgraded memory to 256mb (from the default 128mb) and 1 GiB Disk on Chip
module on the ATA port connected (by default there's no storage option
at all).

The 1gb is nice enough, I'm using it with Debian on it, it's slow, but
bearable.

Olliver