[coreboot] Acer C710-2856 coreboot+seabios blue screen?

Justin Roylance justin.roylance at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 09:38:34 CET 2014

I recently flashed a coreboot+seabios firmware from johnlewis.ie into my
Acer C7 Chromebook.  I consider myself pretty adept at this sort of thing
and was comfortable doing so, I made sure to choose the correct build for
my system and closely followed all the instructions.  When I turn on the C7
all I get is a light blue screen.  I installed Kubuntu onto a drive and
replaced the 16gb SSD with it, I know it was successful to some extent
because it boots and I can SSH into it remotely, but the laptop itself
always just has a blank blue screen.  I backed up my original firmware
before I flashed the new one in, but the flashrom utility in Kubuntu says
no chipset found and no EEPROM/flash device found.  If anyone could point
me in the right direction here I would greatly appreciate it.