[coreboot] [RFC] board_status: Add serial log to `serial_console.txt`

Kyösti Mälkki kyosti.malkki at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 00:14:55 CET 2014

On 02/20/2014 12:56 AM, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:

>> You do not get raminit debug output printed in ramstage.
>>
>> Unfortunately, the case of incompatible DIMMs seems to be common one
>> with recent AGESA ports so information from romstage what DIMMs have
>> worked is actually relevant.
> Just read this data from registers and print it.

Neither of us has probably looked closely what details we are missing
from AGESA romstages. I very much doubt it would be just static register
configuration on memory controllers that could be dumped afterwards.

AMD has an amount of SMP init going on in romstage along with possibly
multiple logical CPUs using CAR etc.

Kyösti