[coreboot] Wyse S10 Geode GX2

jamie at toasty.dk jamie at toasty.dk
Mon Feb 17 11:52:58 CET 2014

Hi Andrew,

I am interested in getting coreboot running on the Wyse S50, and am also
wondering if the VSA for the LX will work on these devices. Have you
actually found source code for the GX2? Or only a compiled VSA?

Following Fijam's blog, and doing a lot of searching, I have managed to
piece together the strange/old toolchain for making the VSA. Very
detailed instructions are in my post:

http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2014-January/076992.html

I can succesfully build the VSA, but haven't come as far as actually
flashing a device and testing it out.

Is this the same toolchain that you use?

I hope you can keep us up to date with your progress, I know there are a
few people who would love to get coreboot on their wyse devices.
Personally, I plan to run NanoBSD on them, but am plagued with pci bus
hangs under boot - a problem caused by the factory BIOS.

   -Jamie

P.S. I also have a few spare S10 devices, so hopefully I can start
testing soon as well