[coreboot] [RFC] board_status: Add serial log to `serial_console.txt`

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Feb 9 13:50:52 CET 2014

Dear coreboot folks,

currently no coreboot messages are stored for boards not supporting
CBMEM console (or where this option is disabled (currently by default))
or no coreboot *romstage* messages are stored for boards, where the data
cannot be preserved (passed to ramstage).

Using the serial (or USB) console all these messages can be captured
with no problem, so I propose to just add these captured messages into
the file `serial_console.txt`. Of course this file probably contains
also the payload and (Linux) kernel log, but I think that is fine.

SeaBIOS’ `readserial.py` should be used for capturing the messages as it
adds time stamps.

Scripting this is going to be hard, as the log is captured on a
different system. So for now I propose to add it manually.

Thanks,

Paul