[coreboot] HP Chromebook 14 (Falco)

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 22:03:47 CET 2014

On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 8:30 AM, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:
> ron minnich wrote:

> I disagree. I do think it means that the project isn't fitting its
> contributors so well. Note that I am explicitly not saying and not
> thinking that it is a failure of any contributor.

If you have some idea, then propose it. Best to propose something then
just say "this is wrong".

> If the project could change to work somehow differently and that
> would help contributors then I think that's something we should
> consider identifying and doing.

who is the "we" here? Who identifies, and what do they do? And how do
you manage the fact that companies may do development that for a
number of reasons can not be released immediately?

>> It's a natural consequence of the fact that companies can't always
>> immediately push all their work upstream.
>
> What's the difference from Linux kernel development again?

Nothing. Most companies I know of that use Linux, and contribute to
upstream, deal with the issue of upstream vs. what is done in the
company and the time delay involved. They have the same time delta
issue with their internal patches vs. upstream. So we're not
different.

ron