[coreboot] HP Chromebook 14 (Falco)

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Feb 8 17:30:38 CET 2014

ron minnich wrote:
> > That sounds like upstream has failed completely.
>
> there is a delta in time between when it is working in
> the chromium repo and it makes it to upstream.
..
> We've always had this situation. It's not new.

That just means that we haven't improved in a very long time. :\

> It's just plain wrong to characterize this as a failure.

I disagree. I do think it means that the project isn't fitting its
contributors so well. Note that I am explicitly not saying and not
thinking that it is a failure of any contributor.

If the project could change to work somehow differently and that
would help contributors then I think that's something we should
consider identifying and doing.

> It's a natural consequence of the fact that companies can't always
> immediately push all their work upstream.

What's the difference from Linux kernel development again?

> Expecting anything else is unrealistic.

I don't think expectations are too usefule but I think it's what we
should strive towards?

//Peter