[coreboot] Setting up build environment

Idwer Vollering vidwer at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 00:05:42 CET 2014

2014-02-07 Andy Pont <andy.pont at sdcsystems.com>:
> Hello!

> I am trying to setup a build environment on 64bit CentOS 6.5 platform to be
> able to build coreboot.  I have cloned the coreboot sources from git and
> have run the following commands:
>
> make crossgcc   <-- to build the cross compilers
> make menuconfig <-- to create the default .config file
> make                    <-- to build the default configuration

The default target is qemu, but you are likely aware of that.

> It runs for a while then when it tries to build the default seabios payload
> I get the following (from make V=1):
>
> Compiling IASL
> /home/andy.pont/Software/coreboot/build/seabios/out/acpi-dsdt.hex
> cpp -P src/acpi-dsdt.dsl >
> /home/andy.pont/Software/coreboot/build/seabios/out/acpi-dsdt.dsl.i.orig
>
> python ./tools/acpi_extract_preprocess.py
> /home/andy.pont/Software/coreboot/build/seabios/out/acpi-dsdt.dsl.i.orig >
> /home/andy.pont/Software/coreboot/build/seabios/out/acpi-dsdt.dsl.i

Which version of python are you using here? My build box uses 2.7.6

> /home/andy.pont/Software/coreboot/util/crossgcc/xgcc/bin/iasl -Pn -vs -l -tc
> -p /home/andy.pont/Software/coreboot/build/seabios/out/acpi-dsdt
> /home/andy.pont/Software/coreboot/build/seabios/out/acpi-dsdt.dsl.i
> Error    6092 - Could not open file "(null)" (Permission denied)
>
> Have I missed something obvious or can someone guide me in the right
> direction to get the default environment working before I start modifying
> things?

I ran the steps, with a minor tuning, that you mentioned:
$ make -j4 crossgcc
$ make menuconfig
$ make

That didn't error out, on a 64-bit debian testing machine.

Can you show the content of .xcompile, found in the top directory
where you cloned coreboot into?

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Andy.

HTH,