[coreboot] Motherboard Not on Support MB List -> Specs

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed Feb 5 20:26:46 CET 2014

ron minnich wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 7:53 AM, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:
> > I read a little about the quark soc and it seems to have some pretty
> > tight signature checks on firmware. I got the impression that it was
> > unpossible to use any other firmware than the UEFI it comes with.
>
> Word from Intel: "hook up a dediprog and reprogram."

https://communities.intel.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadBody/21828-102-2-25120/329676_QuarkDatasheet.pdf
https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-21828

The top of page 38 (1.2 Component Overview) reads:

"To enable secure applications, the SoC features an on-die Boot ROM
that is used to establish a hardware Root of Trust (RoT). The
immutable code located within the Boot ROM is used to initiate an
iterative firmware authentication process ensuring only trusted code
is executed when taking the platform out of reset."

> Sounds like a documentation clarification is needed on release notes."

Sounds like it..

//Peter