[coreboot] Motherboard Not on Support MB List -> Specs

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 19:08:53 CET 2014

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 7:53 AM, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:
> I read a little about the quark soc and it seems to have some pretty
> tight signature checks on firmware. I got the impression that it was
> unpossible to use any other firmware than the UEFI it comes with.

Word from Intel: "hook up a dediprog and reprogram."

The signature check only applies if UEFI is controlling the flashing.

"Likely for secure boot parts... Should not be for base (non-ecc and
non secure).
For Galileo,  hook up dediprog and reprogram.
Sounds like a documentation clarification is needed on release notes."

So we're good to go. Makes sense, there's no EC on galileo, it's more
like our original targets (e.g. i440bx) than the newer stuff. It's a
nice simple embedded CPU.

ron