[coreboot] Interested in Contributing to coreboot

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Dec 26 12:15:38 CET 2014

Dear Prannoy,

Am Donnerstag, den 18.12.2014, 19:46 +0530 schrieb Prannoy Pilligundla:

> I am Prannoy currently pursuing undergrad in India. I am competent in C,
> Java and Python. I have experience of working in Assembly on x86
> processors. I have been using Linux since last two years. I successfully
> completed Google Summer of Code 2014 with LyX.

nice! Welcome to coreboot¹!

> I am interested to start contributing to Core Boot but I am not sure about
> where to start and how to start. So it would be great if someone could
> brief me about the areas where I can contribute considering the fact that I
> am new to Core Boot.

Please take a look at the GSoC Wiki page [1].

You could start by getting coreboot to run with QEMU and play around a
little. Then you could try make a coreboot port for the hardware you
own.

Please get back to us if you have any other questions or if the project
are not so appealing to you.

There is currently some work going on, getting native graphics
initialization implemented for certain AMD graphics chipsets.

Also implementing a test setup, testing each coreboot commit with QEMU
and testing the utilities under `util/` would be interesting projects.

Thanks,

Paul

¹ Please note, the official spelling is all lowercase.

[1] http://www.coreboot.org/GSoC
[2] http://blogs.coreboot.org/