[coreboot] Updated coreboot build environment for Windows

Scott Duplichan scott at notabs.org
Tue Dec 16 21:56:05 CET 2014

Peter Stuge [mailto:peter at stuge.se] wrote:

]Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2014 02:43 PM
]To: coreboot at coreboot.org
]Subject: Re: [coreboot] Updated coreboot build environment for Windows
]
]Peter Stuge wrote:
]> Peter Stuge wrote:
]> > First, commit and push the change to the submodule repo. Do this by
]> > changing the file in your working directory as usual, committing as
]> > usual and then pushing that commit through whatever channel applies
]> > to that particular repository. (Maybe also our gerrit. I don't know.)
]>
]> Patrick Georgi wrote:
]> > ... and ideally also push it upstream.
]> >
]> > They want it as mail, linux-style to linux-tegra at vger.kernel.org,
]> > with some note that it's for the cbootimage repository.
]>
]> Right, that's the "channel" I was refering to. I didn't know if this
]> tool is ours or from elsewhere.
]
]To clarify, it is important to wait until the neccessary change has
]been included upstream before changing the refered-to commit in
]coreboot.git - otherwise Scott is the only person in the world who
]has this particular commit. Maybe the cbootimage maintainers will
]make some change to the commit or rebase it onto some local changes
]of theirs before they publish it in their repo.
]
]It's important that coreboot.git references a commit hash which is
]actually available in the public submodule repo. Since that's not a
]repo of ours we have to wait until the change is available there.

Hello Peter. Thanks for explaining. Sounds like I did things out of
sequence. The change is now in the NVIDIA cbootimage repository at
github.com/NVIDIA/cbootimage. What steps are needed to get the change
into the coreboot repository?

Thanks,
Scott

]//Peter