[coreboot] Updated coreboot build environment for Windows

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sun Dec 14 21:42:49 CET 2014

Peter Stuge wrote:
> > First, commit and push the change to the submodule repo. Do this by
> > changing the file in your working directory as usual, committing as
> > usual and then pushing that commit through whatever channel applies
> > to that particular repository. (Maybe also our gerrit. I don't know.)
>
> Patrick Georgi wrote:
> > ... and ideally also push it upstream.
> >
> > They want it as mail, linux-style to linux-tegra at vger.kernel.org,
> > with some note that it's for the cbootimage repository.
>
> Right, that's the "channel" I was refering to. I didn't know if this
> tool is ours or from elsewhere.

To clarify, it is important to wait until the neccessary change has
been included upstream before changing the refered-to commit in
coreboot.git - otherwise Scott is the only person in the world who
has this particular commit. Maybe the cbootimage maintainers will
make some change to the commit or rebase it onto some local changes
of theirs before they publish it in their repo.

It's important that coreboot.git references a commit hash which is
actually available in the public submodule repo. Since that's not a
repo of ours we have to wait until the change is available there.

//Peter