[coreboot] Updated coreboot build environment for Windows

Scott Duplichan scott at notabs.org
Sun Dec 14 05:16:03 CET 2014

Peter Stuge [mailto:peter at stuge.se] wrote:

]Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2014 05:15 PM
]To: coreboot at coreboot.org
]Subject: Re: [coreboot] Updated coreboot build environment for Windows
]
]Scott Duplichan wrote:
]> There is one patch I haven't been able to submit. For Windows
]> hosted building, file util/nvidia/cbootimage/src/set.c needs
]> to fopen binary files using "rb" instead of "r". This file
]> is part of a git 'submodule'. How do build and upload a patch
]> for this file?
]
]It's a two-step process.
]
]First, commit and push the change to the submodule repo. Do this by
]changing the file in your working directory as usual, committing as
]usual and then pushing that commit through whatever channel applies
]to that particular repository. (Maybe also our gerrit. I don't know.)
]
]Once your commit is available in the public nvidia-cbootimage
]repository, cd into util/nvidia/cbootimage, fetch the new commit into
]the submodule repo, then - still in cbootimage/ - git checkout the
]commit you want to be referenced by coreboot.git going forward.
]
]Then cd .. and git commit cbootimage, in order to create a new commit
]in coreboot.git which switches it to use the new submodule commit.
]
]Finally push that to gerrit for review as usual.
]
]
]//Peter

Thanks Peter, it worked.