[coreboot] Updated coreboot build environment for Windows

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sun Dec 14 00:14:41 CET 2014

Scott Duplichan wrote:
> There is one patch I haven't been able to submit. For Windows
> hosted building, file util/nvidia/cbootimage/src/set.c needs
> to fopen binary files using "rb" instead of "r". This file
> is part of a git 'submodule'. How do build and upload a patch
> for this file?

It's a two-step process.

First, commit and push the change to the submodule repo. Do this by
changing the file in your working directory as usual, committing as
usual and then pushing that commit through whatever channel applies
to that particular repository. (Maybe also our gerrit. I don't know.)

Once your commit is available in the public nvidia-cbootimage
repository, cd into util/nvidia/cbootimage, fetch the new commit into
the submodule repo, then - still in cbootimage/ - git checkout the
commit you want to be referenced by coreboot.git going forward.

Then cd .. and git commit cbootimage, in order to create a new commit
in coreboot.git which switches it to use the new submodule commit.

Finally push that to gerrit for review as usual.

//Peter