[coreboot] IBM x60t test - DSDT is in fact incomplete

Garreau, Alexandre galex-713 at galex-713.eu
Tue Dec 9 23:29:18 CET 2014

Le 09/12/2014 à 23h08, Charles Devereaux a écrit :
> So basically it's only reading the TMOD field from the EC, but in
> src/ec/lenovo/h8/acpi/ec.asl, I see MKHP, but no MKHG
>
> A simple fix will be to add MKHG
>
> Meanwhile, commenting out send_acpi_ev=false from hotkey_notify_usrevent
> seems in thinkpad-acpi.c enough. Then acpi_listen will then see the
> following events:
> ibm/hotkey IBM0068:00 00000080 00005009
> ibm/hotkey IBM0068:00 00000080 0000500a
>
> (which can be mapped to screen rotation scripts)

Oh wait, sorry if I only get the thread here and I lost the beginning,
but, does that mean you found how to make screen position (tablet or
laptop mode) finally detectable through ACPI? ’cos I still didn’t
understand why it didn’t.

If it’s the case, how much time it could take to have needed changes
arriving to Debian testing? is there any way not implying to recompile
the whole kernel to have them before?

Correct me if I misinterpreted.