[coreboot] IBM/Lenovo X60t: LED_: Excess arguments - needs 1, found 2 (was: IBM x60t test - DSDT is in fact incomplete)

Charles Devereaux coreboot at guylhem.net
Tue Aug 26 17:53:24 CEST 2014

Hello

Not sure!

Apparently, after doing echo "0 blink" >/proc/acpi/ibm/led, this is handled
led_set_status in drivers/platform/x86/thinkpad_acpi.c : the first argument
is the led, the second the status :
acpi_evalf(led_handle, NULL, NULL, "vdd", led, led_led_arg1[ledstatus]))

For the LED string, see in led_init_detect_mode :
status = acpi_get_handle(ec_handle, "LED", &led_handle);

My understanding is that the OS does the call that correctly, but that
coreboot ASL tables only expect one argument.

In coreboot/build/mainboard/lenovo/x60/dsdt.ramstage.asl, you will see
Method (LED, 1, NotSerialized) which seems to confirm that, since in
acpi-3.dsl I see instead  Method (LED, 2, NotSerialized)